clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

The Junction's Milk House

The Mjölk House, a project by Studio Junction, won a Toronto Urban Design Award for its renovation to the 1889 W.H. Ives Tailor landmark building. The three-level structure on Dundas West in the Junction was one of the last remaining buildings in Toronto made from pressed metal; the architects restoring the façade while trying to keep the original character. The property includes a main floor commercial space (now a design store), and second and third floor residential units. In Sweden, "mjölk" means milk. [Design Milk]