Although he hasn't officially moved his funky bunch to Yorkville just yet, actor Mark Wahlberg will soon be calling 36 Hazelton Ave. home. The new seven-storey luxury condo is currently under construction and Wahlberg is expected to move in following its completion in June in time to launch his new restaurant, Wahlburgers Burger Restaurant, in the Soho Metropolitan Hotel. As condo construction continues, here are five interesting facts about the actor's new pad.
5. Wahlberg paid $12 million for his 4,600 square foot penthouse suite located on the seventh floor. The space is relatively cozy compared to his 30,000 square foot mansion in California.
4. You can still be Wahlberg's neighbour. There's one suite still available at 36Hazelton; a two-bedroom unit with 2,089 square feet. It's on the fourth floor and if you tilt your head upwards, you might be able to catch a glimpse of his unit from your balcony. Other units in the building start from $2.8 million with a total of 18 suites.
3. The condo comes with cool amenities including an underground parking garage equipped with car washing and dog washing stations. There's also a holistic room where residents can bring their own personal masseur and a wine tasting room.
2. 36Hazelton is built on the former site of the St. Basil's Separate School. The developer will keep the historic neo-gothic façade of the school built in 1914. Yorkville residents raised concerns about the height and density of the project; the developer later appealing to the Ontario Municipal Board.
1. Wahlberg explains why he wants to call Toronto (one of his) homes. The actor telling the Globe and Mail, "All the movies I've made here have been a success; the crews are so great to work with and I enjoy the restaurants and the golf….I have more friends here than New York." At one time, best pal and hockey legend, Tie Domi, also checked out at condo layout (but he didn't buy).
· When is Mark Wahlberg Moving to Yorkville? [Curbed Toronto]
· 8 Facts About Mark Wahlberg's Landry-Designed Megamanse [Curbed]
· Mark Wahlberg buys $12M Yorkville penthouse [Toronto Star]
· Celebrity Burger Joint Wahlburgers Coming to Toronto [Eater Toronto]
· Groundbreaking Ceremony for 36Hazelton [National Post]
· 36Hazelton Construction Photos [36Hazelton]